A closure wig is a type of wig that only covers half of the head. It is designed to create the illusion of a natural hairline. Therefore, closure wigs are designed for people with thinning or residing hairlines. These wigs come in many types and designs. They also come in varying sizes and materials. Therefore, before you buy wig closure wigs, you have to consider these elements.
How to choose the best wig closures
The following is a guide for how to choose the best closure wig:
1. Consider the size
One of the first things you must do when choosing the best wig closure is to consider the size. There are three main sizes of wig closures. Each has its downsides and upsides, which you must consider when picking the best one. Below are these sizes;
- 4 x 4 wig closures– these wigs measure four inches in both width and length. They cover the front and a small part of the mid-section of the head, leaving out the rest. They are great because they are easy to style. However, their downside is that they are not as versatile. There is a limit to the hairstyles you can wear with these lace closures.
- 5 x 5 wig closures– they measure five inches in both width and length. They cover the head from ear to ear and from the front to the middle part of the head. They offer more styling possibilities than the former.
- 6×6 closure wigs– they are the largest type of closure wigs. They cover a significant part of the head and offer more styling versatility.
2. Consider the type of base material
In addition to the size, you must also consider the type of base material. The base is the part of the wig on which the hair strands are sewed. It is also the part that comes into direct contact with your head. Closure wigs come in many base or patch material types. Below are the common ones;
- Silk– this material offers you more styling options and a longer life span. It is a thick but breathable material that you can use in all types of weather.
- Monofilament– also known as lace, this type of material is ideal for various hairstyles. It is particularly suitable for stiffer hairstyles like bangs.
- Hybrid– this is the best yet most expensive type of base material. It is highly durable, features a higher density, and gives off the most natural-looking hairline.
3. Consider the type of hair
You must also consider the type of hair on the base. From human to semi-human hair, the market features a wide range of hair options. Therefore, you must also consider the various types and choose the best one.
Other than the factors listed above, it would also help consider the closure wigs’ price. Each of the elements listed above can influence the cost of their hair product. Therefore, you must bear your budget in mind when looking into the size, base material, and hair type.